Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When the DVD is in correctly in my RCA LED24G45RQD the

Customer Question

When the DVD is in correctly in my RCA LED24G45RQD the display has started saying "no DVD". How can I get it to work?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Have you tried more than one DVD- in other words does it do this with ALL DVD's?

Also how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried others. It said No DVD when I turned it on today with the DVD still in that we watched last night. I bought it Nov 2014. I bought 2 identical at the same time. The other one did this several months ago. We just quit using that one. Now today we have the same problem with this one.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this is a hardware fault with the DVD drive in the sets. RCA's are notorious for this fault and this is something that requires repairs (replacing the DVD drive), or a workaround (connecting a regular DVD player to the TV's AV ports). Since an external DVD player can be purchased for as little as $25 from WalMart, and the replacement drive or these sets is around $55- plus dismantling the set to replace it, I personally would suggest simply working around the issue with another DVD player. There's no quick fix for this- it's an issue inherent to the cheap DVD player used in the set. I wish there were a quick fix, but beyond leaving the set unplugged for an hour or more in the hopes it resets- that's about all you can do.

If you need a link to the replacement drive- let me know and I will dig for a source.

Alternatively if you need a link to a repair center, or a suggestion for an external player- simply reply back and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The DVD module is at the link below for $62 and change plus shipping:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/GE5119C092-C805

Whereas an external DVD player can be connected to the TV's RCA AV ports and is below for much less than that:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-DVD-PLAYER-USB-Direct-Recording-Parental-Control-PAL-NTSC-DVD-Video-Dolby-TrueHD-Dolby-Digital-LGE-10297342/33396346

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news on this one.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?