TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sharp Liquid Crystal Television/Flat Screen bought in 2008.

Customer Question
LC 52SB55U. Never had a problem...
Sharp Liquid Crystal Television/Flat Screen bought in 2008. LC 52SB55U.
Never had a problem. We moved it two days ago across the floor to other side of room to make room for larger screen. All of a sudden - NO SOUND! Beautiful picture, everything else the same. Do you know what this is?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2015
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 year ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Please reply back so I know you're here. Also, are you with the unit now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sir I am.

What types of audio/video devices are connected to the TV? Cable box, DVD player, game console, etc.? Whatever is connected, can you check each of those inputs to see if you get sound with any of them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable box - Verizon FIOS. Checking as you suggested. Give me a moment.

No rush, I'll be around.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, The Fios Cable Box is attached. Technician came yesterday to connect it up as before. But no sound on the TV even though it shows the yellow strip moving at the bottom when you push the sound button showing it is registering, but no sound.

Was there sound before he left? What else is connected to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan are you still there

Yes. Was there sound before he left? What else is connected to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound when he left and he could not figure it out. So I called Verizon back and they tried to figure it also. They left us with the idea that there must be a defect in the TV itself. I have a second Sharp in the living room and it is fine. Verizon even had my son to switch the cable boxes to see if that worked - Nada!

OK, the only way to see if it's the TV or something else is to connect a different device to the TV..... something like a DVD player, game console, etc. to see if you get sound from that device.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One moment please, my son is hooking up his Play Station.....

OK great.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is hooking up now. If this does not work does your company have technicians to come out?

No, we are question/answer only.... we don't do site visits.

But I can definitely help you figure out what the problem is.... and I'll know who to call to get it fixed, if I can't walk you through fixing it yourself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, this is what I thought. It must be something we are not doing, because it worked beautifully before. So lets hope for the best.

OK let me know what your son says about the Playstation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still no sound.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan, still not sound.

OK give me a minute so I can look up the service data.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

OK do you have the original remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we do.

OK press MENU... then go to the SETUP menu... then select RESET. Enter your PIN, if you have one.... then select YES, then YES again.

That will return the TV to its original factory condition.

Let me know if that works.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
son said he tried that yesterday. Just tried it again and still no sound.
Thank you for your assistance. I made an appointment with a company to come out and look at it.Again thanks.

No problem. There are good and bad choices when it comes to having someone come out.... would you like me to see if there's a certified repairer in your area?