TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Vizio AV port has a very bad color. That TV port is fine

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hi, What's the model number off the back of the TV?

Which AV port are you using- Component (5 colored RCA cables), or "Composite (3 colored RCA cables)?

Also, please briefly describe the color problem (lack of Red, etc.)?

Do you need assistance with this?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I don't use the phone call option. Please reply back here.

I can't see the model numbers since it is wall mounted. I'm getting the manual and will answer soon

Okay. More importantly would be what specific cables are being used, and what the color problem is that you're having.

E550VA

Thank you.

Color problem is no color almost all black and white

Okay, Again I need to know- Which AV port are you using- Component (5 colored RCA cables), or "Composite (3 colored RCA cables)?

Looking up the cable now
Can I see cable settings on the menu button

Okay, it will either be "Red,Blue,Green, Red and White" cables.

Or "Red,White and Yellow" cables.

Or a single HDMI cable.

Look at the back of the TV- not in the MENU.

I simply need you to describe what cables are connecting the TV to your source (cable box, etc.).

Pretty sure it's a red white and yellow cables

It's important to know for sure- I don't want to guess at a solution. Anyway you can check?

All the cables into my cable box and TiVo are red white and yellow

Okay gotcha. Please grab the original Vizio remote and find the Input button. Press it and select "AV"- NOT "Component" and let me know what happens.

Next time I will definitely have the TV on the base instead of Monkton against the wall

Please grab the original Vizio remote and find the Input button. Press it and select "AV"- NOT "Component" and let me know what happens.

The picture turn black and white. It used to be a full-color. Now I use the DTV
The TV button is full color

You lost me. The TV "button"?

On the remote there is a button for TV

Are you talking about the Tivo remote? Also what exactly are you saying- the color is back now?

No I am using the Visio remote. When I press the usual AV but then the picture turns to black and white. When I press the TV button it's full-color. I hope this helps
Aric, Technician