Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Viera TV connected to internet via ethernet (which

Customer Question

I have a Viera TV connected to internet via ethernet (which works) but Netflix will not load, even after turning unit off more than 1 minute and resetting ethernet network. All other online apps work fine - only Netflix won't load.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which model is the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is set to display cable television from cable box; internet connection to TV is via ethernet, ultimate internet connection is via cable modem. We know ether net is reach TV because all online apps other than Netflix load and work (YouTube, for example)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI input to TV runs from home theater receiver with multiple inputs including Apple TV, Blu Ray player, and all work and display on TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
per prior post internet connection is direct and via ethernet, so other inputs not implicated
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm simply asking the model number of the tv, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TC-P65VT50
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have gone thru initial setup again including network and Viera check and it confirms Viera should be operational - which it is other than for Netflix. I get the Netflix splash screen but the grey dashes at the bottom do not flicker as they should for logon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can log onto Netflix on my desktop so the problem isn't a frozen account
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are 2 steps to try here, it may be a software issue or a network settings issue,

first go into the panasonic setup and look for the software (firmware) update and run that to be sure it on the latest version

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
per prior post software is up to date
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Next step is going into the network settings, and manually changing the DNS address (from auto) to 8.8.8.8

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done; no change; everything works but Netflix. Shut down and restarted. Firmware already up to date. Next?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What specific error code, if any, does netflix give you?
If that dns change didn't do it, it's a netflix app or server specific issue.

you could try a full factory reset of the tv,

then reconnect/configure everything

failing that you'd go into netflix online, "forget" all devices, then reregister the tv with your account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error code. When you click on the Netflix icon the screen briefly clears then you see a Netflix splash screen with a panel of 3+ grey stripes at the bottom which - when the app used to connect - flash in sequence. Instead, the stripes are unchanging. There is no log on screen or error code displayed. And per prior posts I have done two factory resets of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, per prior posts, all other Viera apps on the TV function fine - Amazon, YouTube etc. Netflix support says to depower and reset (done twice).
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not seeing anywhere where you've mentioned doing the software update or an actual factory reset.

You mention checking viera, and that you've restarted (on/off), and restarted ethernet network. But these are all different things.

Did you actually do the full factory reset (restore defaults) from the menu?

I'd like to have you try another step next, which is a manual reset process:
Turn tv on

Press and hold volume DOWN button on the side of the tv

simultaneously hold down the MENU button on the remote, hold these together 5 seconds. Tv should shut off.

Then try again (will need to reconfigure network settings possibly)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manual reset did not work; what did work was instructions on Netflix web site on how to use Panasonic remote up and down commands to get a reset of only the Netflix app. It now works fine. Sorry, but you did not provide the solution (that worked).
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

With all due respect, John, I didn't really have an opportunity to provide you other options, as you did not communicate back with me until several weeks after the last steps I asked you to attempt.

If you properly execute the complete factory reset I mentioned with the menu and volume buttons, it would have reset the netflix app as well (though other items in addition) and would have still resolved the issue. In any case, I'm glad it is working for you now.