Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have tachi 42hds52 plasma tv with possibly damaged hdmi

Customer Question

I have hitachi 42hds52 plasma tv with possibly damaged hdmi ports (inputs 1 and 2) on the rear of the television. cable connection does work on the lower non hd channels and clickin menu brings up the settings menu. clickin source brings up the menu to choose cable/air/input 1....input5. hdmi worked until removing tv from wall. connection to hdmi1 feels loose. with tv connected via hdmi, receiver being used for sound was acting eratic
can replacing the damaged ports fix issue or should replace the main digital board also
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In most cases, no you cannot simply replace the ports and expect the problem to be gone. The HDMI ports carry 5 volts of bus power and even a loose jack can cause an arc and a failure upstream or downstream on the Digital Main. Since you're also losing the ability to view non-HD channels, have eratic sound, and the HDMI ports are not working- I would strongly suggest replacing the Digital Main in the set. I've found one at the link below for $74 and change:

http://www.nohoelectronics.com/en/ja05954-main-board

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.