Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Vizio m/n E 420 VO that is dead. No clicking sound

Customer Question

I have a Vizio m/n E 420 VO that is dead. No clicking sound and the 'VIZIO' light is not on. I have the 5v standby voltage. I replaced the p/s board and have the same problem. Could the e-prom cause this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 1 year ago.

Since you have the 5 volts standby, this means the power supply is good and the 5 volts goes to the MAIN BOARD which processes the on/off from the remote or tact switch button and sends another voltage probably 12 volts back to the power supply which the power supply processes and turns on the inverter board and lights up the screen. The MAIN BOARD also processed the audio. CLICK HERE to see picture of an unavailable MAIN BOARD for reference and part number to match with the one in your set. I suggest a google search with the part number (if it matches your board) for price and availability. Also check Ebay where you might find a good deal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you suggest I replace the e-prom or the signal board?

I would change the entire board unless you have skills at taking a surface mount chip out and replacing it. Also the e-prom may not be the only problem with the board. It is a chance you might take if you chose to do so.