Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My Vizio is giving me a headache

Customer Question

My Vizio is giving me a headache
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions starting with the TV's full model number and /or how old is it so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv is brand new - VIZIO - M-Series - 55" Class (55" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - Metallic Gray
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k and what seems to be the problem right now ?

I take it its a problem with the picture but what ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I need time to type

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture is great - I'm just getting headaches after watching the tv for more than 10minutes
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what to tell you here then , I mean is it the tv or only this tv that does that ?

Why would you turn up the backlighting to 100% , seems to me the picture would hurt more that way ???

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you try the various preset modes in the menu ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

There should be picture presets like cinema, sports , vivid , etc .

Perhaps a softer picture like cinema mode ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been looking online for any kind of help - I actuallyfound a forum on this topic and someone recommended that to cut down on the flicker? And yes- it is only this tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 7 year old Samsung - no problem
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then if this tv actually has a flicker ??

Can you actually see the picture flickering ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - but something must be off
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you see what I said about a softer picture mode like cinema usually will be much softer than sports mode or vivid for example

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was hoping you had encountered this problem before - I've tried all the presets and am on the verge of returning the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is your only advice to turn down the brightness?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No I have never seen this particular non apparent problem , I`ve seen backlighting system flickering and in that case we are talking about a defect but now if it is only the picture that does not agree with you ???

Return the tv and get something else , I`m not sure we are talking about a broken tv and so I have no advice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok....guess I'll have to
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I`m a tech. who deals with harware problems usually and do not have your eyes so I cannot see or feel what you do and again NO I have never seen this type of problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this really is a problem- I want to love this tv - I wouldn't have just spent $28 to talk to you if this was a "non apparent problem"
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Nothing more I can say , again I`m a tech. and a problem where I can`t use my meter to diagnose is pretty vague to me and what I call non apparent .

I don`t have your eyes and probably would look at the picture and find nothing wrong with it myself .

Go back to Samsung if this one does not agree with you , in any case vizio is a low end full of problems brand name

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problems , wish i had another answer for you but this is not exactly the type of technical problems i`m used to deal with and i frankly think the only solution for you will be to get something else than vizio , may be a blessing in disguise here