Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Reference Sherwood TV model # TL- 1705W. How do you

Customer Question

Reference Sherwood TV model # TL- 1705W. How do you search/program the channels? The source is correct (antenna) and the autoset button has been pushed several times. No joy. Any suggestions? Also, how do you add a . in your channel search criteria? For example, channel 4.1 or 9.2. Thank you!
Jon Xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx or ***@******.***
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Skip the phone call. Can you solve the problem via email?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well I can't "solve" it, there is no resolution for this, at least not internally.

This is a very old (2004) model tv, from a very basic/low end brand.

This is not a digital tv. It was "hd ready", but does not possess a built in ASTC digital tuner.

For it to pick up the currently available digital broadcasts would require the addition of an EXTERNAL tuner box.

You'll have to buy a set top box to use with this tv, it cannot function via antenna without one: http://amzn.to/1QWDvrF

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Given the advanced age of the tv, which is 2-3x its expected service life however, it may make more sense to just invest in a new set at this point, rather than buying a tuner box for a tv that will likely fail any day now.

You can get a brand new and updated LED tv for $100 that has a built in tuner and better picture: http://amzn.to/1QWDxQu

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,