TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv. Service menu, HDMI ng problem

Customer Question
Jack tv. Service menu, HDMI...
Jack tv. Service menu, HDMI ng problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
It is not a Jack Tov, it's a JVC TV. My HD port and cable work fine with my laptop, but when I try and connect it with a NVR it will not work. Nothing is displayed.However, the same HDMI cable and the same NVR work great on another TV.As you can see from my images, when I enter the SErvice menu on my TV, the HDMI facility has NG and. Number 9 next to it. Presumably NG stands for No Good?On my TV settings page, Menu, scroll across and click OK to SET UP, scroll down and click OK at HDMI SETTINGS, I am unable to change the SIZE option, the word is not highlighted as opposed to the word AUDIO, which has the ability to be changed from ANALOGUE to AUTO to DIGITAL. See image.
In case you think that there is some way I can make adjustments to the NVR, this has been tried. Unfortunately Foscam, the manufacturers have no way that any adjustments can be made.The TV is ten years old and the NVR is brand new. The details of the NVR are as follows: Foscam NVR model number, FN3109H.
11/30/2015
TV Technician: Joe, Technician replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Hello and good morning,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Here is the info I see, the hdmi works on this tv just fine via your computer but not with the foscam however the foscam works just fine via the same hdmi cable with a different tv, settings wise nothing helps. This seems to suggest an incompatibility issue between the two devices which can come with digital connections esp when connecting a new to an old device, 10 years for hdmi is like an eternity in terms of electronics. It is usually either the signal or the resolution is not supported by the tv that the external device outputs. In your case your only option for this tv may be solely scart or composite video (yellow) and not a true hdmi hd connection, or you may wish to upgrade this system to a different monitor for the foscam security dvr system to utilize.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

I have used other cables which work, like SVGA to component. The problem is I need to view the NVR files using HD quality. I have HD IP cameras, so using Scart, or SVGA etc is a waste.Do you have any other suggestions, as the one supplied, unfortunately does not solve my problem.However, thank you very much for trying to assist.Best regards,Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately with hand shake/compatibility issues if hdmi cannot be used between the two devices then there is no way around that other than a different type of connection.

Again this is usually due to the resolution not being compatible on the tv from the external source or just not compatible.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician