TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Well I was looking answer about a Magnavox Model #

Customer Question
Well I was looking for...
Well I was looking for an answer about a Magnavox Model # ***** All works fine except no picture. I have a red light up front that blinks about 8 times and a short pause before blinking again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/30/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Are you saying the set still has sound?

Also, does that light just continue to blink- or does it eventually stop and the the set powers up?

When did this problem occur?

Did you need assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not hear and that's why I don't use a phone. My daughter says the audio is OK.
As previously stated, the indicator blinks 6 times then a 2 second delay then 6 blinks again. It does this all the time there's power to the unit. I've tried disconnecting the power entirely ...wait an hour.....power up.....blinking continues.When did this problem occur? Strange question! Well, let's see, I guess it's been 3 weeks...I don't remember...I just turned off when the problem started and would try turning on periodically. I do remember some time back (a year maybe) I had a solid vertical bar (1/2") on the left side of the screen but never worried about it. Over time I never paid attention to it. It wasn't effecting my view and there seemed to be any problem with the screen.Let me say again....I was told by an amateur that there are 2 parts in the unit that are bad. I assume they are one of the same because the price he quoted me was $6 to $8 for each. I've had this unit for about 10 years with nare a problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry Aric.....I'm just a slow typist.
TV Technician: Neil Rowe, Technician replied 1 year ago
Neil Rowe
Neil Rowe, Technician

Hi this is a common issue for this set and the cause is often capacitors on the power supply board...

There are two most prone to failure and can be identified by them bulging at the top and yes they only cost around $8 for both of them...

To replace them you will need to be good with a soldering iron, they are 3300uF capacitors...

Please rate my answer (as opposed to the first expert) and come back to me if you want to try this yourself..

Neil Rowe
Neil Rowe
Neil Rowe, Technician