Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Panasonic th-50px75u will not turn on. power light blinks

Customer Question

panasonic th-50px75u will not turn on. power light blinks every two seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Does the power light only blink one time every two seconds- no other groups of blinks?

Also, how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other groups of lights. Watched it for at least 30 seconds.
Unit about 7 years old. About two weeks ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried resetting, no luck. Is the power supply available. I own AV Co. I can change the board myself if it's reasonable.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You can google the model number off your set and search "Power Supply Board" to find a replacement. It's a plug and play board- similar to swapping out a hard drive in a PC. There's also one at the link below for purchase:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/products/panasonic-etxmm655meh-npx655me-1b-th-50px75u-rebuilt-power-supply.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA4eqyBRDUh7Omv9vCtsoBEiQAspfs8gO9BEmiuuApiKz3yPKAU2eO8ruYJsRMPlZy7MtU-1oaApco8P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.