Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My vizio m3d420sr tv can no longer access tv menu from

Customer Question

my vizio m3d420sr tv can no longer access tv menu from remote only thru button on side. if the menu button on remote is pressed tv locks up and shuts off. this also stops me from accessing the tv's apps.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, This is either a lockup of the Mainboard, or the Mainboard's EEPROM has failed.

Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds and release.

Wait a minute then plug the set back in and turn it on. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.