Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Pioneer Pro99 keeps switching from on to off red light to

Customer Question

my Pioneer Pro99 keeps switching from on to off red light to green light I suspect the power board awv1558
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Full model number off the back of the PDP please?

Also, does the red light blink? Generally there's an error code when these sets shut down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
awv1558b 11988 , anp 1845-c the first # ***** think is the actual pdp # the red light does not flash they "click" back and forth red green I think it is shutting down to protect it self
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I need the model number on the sticker on the back of the plastic cover on the display panel please. That is the model number off of the back of the PDP (plasma display panel). Not the board you're looking at.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Phone call doesn't help us here- and the site charges you more for that. Model Number off the back of the TV so I can look up the service manual please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok sorry this is a projection tv Pro 99 eite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pioneer elite
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Oh okay, this isn't a Pioneer Plasma- but rather one of the older rear projections. This set does not produce an error code and there are about 200 different parts that can cause the lights to alternate like this. I will opt out and open the question back up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you