TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

MY LG SHOWS A CLEAR PICTURE AND THEN THE PICTURE GO A SHADE

Customer Question
MY LG SHOWS A CLEAR...
MY LG SHOWS A CLEAR PICTURE AND THEN THE PICTURE GO A SHADE DARK AND LEAVE A 2 INCH CLEAR PICTURE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. DOSE THIS EVERY SO OFTEN.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/28/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello How old is the TV and does it do this with all sources (cable box, DVD, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5YRS DOSE WITH ALL SOURSE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will cear up and show a great picture then a hour latter do it again.

Okay then this is a fault in the lighting in the LCD panel that's occurring. In some cases the power supply/Inverter board can be causing this, but more often than not it's within the screen's built in internal lighting and cannot be replaced. Can you tell me how often it does this, and also if you've tried leaving the set unplugged for an hour or more to see if the issue still persists?

If so, is this something you're looking to attempt to repair yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it dose this about and hour after i turn it on. If its a fix like changing a board i will fix it myself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way i can send you a email of what the picture look like.

Resetting the system Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default.

Use the front panel controls to do this. Set MULTI-ZONE to MULTI ZONE OFF.

Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

1 Switch the receiver into standby.

2 While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON. The display shows RESET YES/NO

3 Select ‘RESET’ using PRESET Arrows then press ENTER on the front panel. The display shows RESET? OK.

4 Press ENTER to confirm. OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings

Please disregard last reply that was for another customer. Standby.

Okay sorry about that. No you can't send an e-mail but you can use the paperclip icon to attach a picture if you'd like, however based on the symptoms there's only two things that could cause this- your inverters or your LCD panel. Let me pull up some parts for your set. Be right back.

The part you'd need to replace is the power supply/inverter board at the link below. It is the only possible fix for this beyond the screen being replaced- and no way to test between the screen or power board without replacing the board. Here is the link to the part:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EAY60908802/0057/614.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=EAY60908802&sid=SPDxGPROD&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvuWyBRDO_Yzhpv_4nvEBEiQANBdXMtR_aNEa3oae955CYaui91Rydki_aH8se2HPIkTWEoAaAlI68P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do believe this tv is a led

Yup. LED sets us an LCD panel. The lighting inside is LED. No difference here beyond the light. Answer is still the same.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the links will be the parts that will fit this tv.

That board is shown for your model. Double check the part number of the board inside your TV to make sure it matches.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thks.

You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician