TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My smart tv cuts off after a few minutes on... I called the

Customer Question

My smart tv cuts off after a few minutes on... I called the 800 number and the system mentioned that our model number was experiencing the cutoff proble, and to go onlice and install the firmware. We installed the firmware that was available about a half
hour ago. Still it goes off.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Does the power light on your TV turn off? How about the TV's sound? Is the backlight on your LCD panel pitch black or lit when the problem occurs? Were you successful with the firmware update (fully updated, then the TV reset without the TV shutting down midstream in the update process?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apparently you fixed the problem....DID YOU INSTALL THE FIRMWARE CAUSE THE TV IS NOT SHUTTING DOWN NOW.(###) ###-####PLS call me
THANK YOU
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Is the TV now stuck on at all times AFTER the software update? Pull the plug for 20 minutes if it is. Check it afterwards. See if the TV remote responds, and if it doesn't, manipulate the control on the TV itself, see if any response appears with that. You should find that joystick button on the bottom right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All is back to normal now..THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

I've seen this before. Unit locks up and can't even reboot itself. Keep in mind that 20 minute reset - works on everything from TVs to microwaves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'm satisfied.
May you and your family enjoy a safe and joyful holiday season.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you and your family too.