TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Soyo tv here that is getting power and is on, but

Customer Question
Hi Edward, I have a...
Hi Edward, I have a Soyo tv here that is getting power and is on, but there is no display.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are your questions?

You said the tv turned on but no display

Do you still have sound ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound, no display. The power button on the tv just turns from red to green when you hit the power button

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is completely dark like it would be if you turned it off

O.k and one last question on this ;

When you lost the picture ,at that point was there sound still ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The picture wasn't lost while the tv was on. The tv was turned off like normal and it wasn't until the next time I turned the tv on that there was no picture and no sound.

O.k then in that case you are very likely looking at a missing voltage from the power board or sub-voltage on the main board that affects both the backlight inverter and audio .

At this point it would be difficult to say if there is a picture in the dark background but I would not think so.

Was looking for parts for this tv and not sure if it is due to the fact that it is getting older or not a common model but the parts are difficult to find for it.

how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect but keep in mind that a repair shop may not be a viable idea for a tv of this size as you could be looking at well over $200 in repair

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been searching for schematics online to show me how to get to the backlight

I can give you a link that will show you the backlight inverter and it will be easy to recognize it in the tv , here it is ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/soyo/mt-sytpt3727abms

The backlighting problem could be caused by the inverter but what bugs me in this is the loss of sound , normally you`d still have sound so this tells me that there is more to it than just the inverter

Its either the power supply missing one voltage or the main board not turning on those sub-voltages , this will require a voltmeter and troubleshooting

No schematic or info on this tv here either

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician