TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are staying in a house and cannot get this expensve tv…

Customer Question
we are staying in a...
we are staying in a house and cannot get this expensve tv volume to work
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/26/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

I cannot see the model number it is mounted on the wall
it has a direct TV box a denon DVR and a denon reciever
I can take a photo of it...is there a way to add that on here?
the tv has a picture just no sound and i am sure it has to do with the reciever

Thanks for the info.

- Do you get TV sound through Denon receiver speakers?

- Can you try to playback DVD disc, is possible as a test to see if you get sound?

- Please click Add File link below the box where you type the reply to attach picture file.

Thanks.

any ideas?

Thanks for the pictures.

If it is receiver issue then you should get sound through TV speakers and it needs to enable TV speaker option in TV menu.

- Have you tried to unplug TV, receiver and Directv box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

okay i will try that

Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result.

now i dont even get a picture

Directv box takes several minutes to reboot, please give it little more time and check.

okay

Thanks.

still nothing

Sorry to hear that, it seems either Denon receiver is set on wrong input so not getting TV sound or has got internal failure which is least likely because Denon receiver seems power On in picture.

It needs to check connecting cable (it could be red-white audio cable or optical cable) between TV and Receiver and need to select correct input in receiver so it can get TV sound output.

If nothing works then need to enable TV speakers by going into Audio or Setup/ Settings menu to enable TV Speaker option, verbiage could be different as I don't have your TV model number to get related manual.

There is an alternate option is to connect Directv box Audio Out jacks to any input of Denon receiver then select it to get cable box sound in receiver and picture on TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

still have no pciture or sound

This is odd, does TV menu appear if press menu button on TV or its remote?

This way we will confirm that TV is On and working.

Is there any way to get the model number off of TV?

the tv does work, it had a picture...obviously i have pressed a seting somewhere that has shut that down...i cannot see a model number because it is mounted on the wall

OK, is there any Input or Source or TV/Video button on TV remote?

If so, press it a few times to go through different video inputs of TV as one should bring Diretcv box picture on TV and sound may also come up.