TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 51 inch samsung pn-51-d450 and I get a red on

Customer Question
I have a 51 inch...
I have a 51 inch samsung pn-51-d450 and I get a red haze on certain programs like when I watch a hockey games in certain areas of the screen. Its not on the whole screen but in certain areas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

I have it

Thanks

That haze , does it seem to always appear in the same location on the screen ?

No it seems to move around.
When the TV is playing I do not get it all the time. Its a lot more noticeable when the color is white

O.k and you get this no mater what is playing on tv ?

Cable box , dvd , games etc. ?

Not when I play a DVD

O.k tehn thats interesting .

What is connected to this tv beside the dvd ?
Cable box,satellite etc. and are they all connected the same way I.E HDMI ?

Comcast cable box and a toshiba DVD player. I replaced the HDMI cable also.
Dvd player has a yellow white and red cord connected to the TV not a HDMI cable the HDMI cable is hooked from the cable box to the TV. The comcast cable coming in from the outside goes to the CABLE BOX

O.k then that is a different resolution it is working at and that would make the difference .

The dvd i mean is working at stadard definition while the cable box is high res

OK

At this point it is difficult to tell without further test , for example do you have anything else that uses hdmi that could be tried on this tv ?

I have a another smaller TV i could put into place. I do not have any games hooked up

Actually was not really thinking the cable box was at fault but it could be interesting to try it out.

What i had in mind is that the tv was doing this only with HD signal

what else can I try?

Well that is pretty much that , try something that runs HD with a hdmi connection

The dvd you have doesn`t have a hdmi port does it ?

it does

Give it a try and check those white scenes ?

Rent the movie "slapshot" :)

On the rear of my TV It has 2 HDMI ports looks like I maybe can run a additional cable from the DVD
Good movie

Yes i`m sure you can and then select it but i would disconnect the rca cables

o.k movie anyway with white ice like a game

Ok. I will try that. Thanks

O.k let me know how that goes

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician