Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Setting up a LG tv, says select set-top box manufacturer, my

Customer Question

setting up a LG tv, says select set-top box manufacturer, my Arris XG1-A is not on the list, so i select not in the list...it then asks me to select Set-toip box remote model number i am up to remote type 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remote types 1-36 dont work there are 73...so i really have to go through this TEDIUS procedure 40 more times? please just tell me what an arris xg1-a remote type number is ***** please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try configuring it as an 'Xfinity XG1-A' box. That might work, rather than configuring it as an Arris if there is no Arris in the configuration.

An Xfinity XG1-A is also sometimes equivalent to an Arris MX011ANM, in case that might be available as a configuration.

As for the remote... does it have any maker or model # ***** it? does the remote actually work in any way? does it have batteries in it, that are verifiably good battery(s) ?