TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an LG47LM4600-UC TV that will not turn off with the

Customer Question
remote nor when you try...
I have an LG47LM4600-UC TV that will not turn off with the remote nor when you try to touch the screen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/25/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Are you using the remote that came with the tv?

2. What happens if you press MENU, or volume up/down? does tv respond?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to using remote. Nothing happens when trying any button on remote

Does the tv have picture and sound?

Who is your tv channel provider?

Do you normally use the LG remote to change channels or the tv channel provider's remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv is playing and has been for 3 days straight now. We are with Direct TV and have been for well over a year. We alays used the tv remote to turn tv on and off and Direct Tv for channes

and you are still currently able to change channels with the directv remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we can change channels but not adjust volumne or turn off tv

Then your only choice is to find the POWER cord for the tv and unplug it from the wall, leave it unplugged for about 3 minutes, then plug it back in. That is what I would do, and that is what any repair shop you might call would do. I know you are afraid the tv won't come back on, but you really have no choice. Chances are it's just a glitch and the tv will come back on and operate fine.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician