Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I want to get subtitle languages on my Samsong Led tv

Customer Question

I want to get subtitle languages on my Samsong Led tv including blue ray or Netflix mainly Farsi (Persian) language
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, what you are wishing to do is not really possible.

The tv itself does not have any control over subtitles/captions on the player.

For bluray discs, you should have a subtitle or top menu option on the player remote, letting you toggle the subtitles on/off, and choose from the available languages.

For the tv, there is no built in netflix function. This is not a "smart" tv, though you can stream from an external device such as a a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray.

On any of those, you'd open the netflix app using the player/streaming device remote, and on the title page for any given movie/show, you'll see the audio and subtitle options there.

In both cases though, whether bluray or apps, the language selection will be limited to those encoded by the content provider.
This means the tv/movie studio/publisher decides what subtitle languages, if any, to include. Most have english only. Some foreign language content will have the original language as well. In In most cases you won't see anything beyond English, Spanish, and French. Again though this is a limitation of the content provider, the device (player) is simply displaying the subtitles that were encoded in the content, they have no ability to translate or create new subtitles beyond those that are already included in the particular title. This is the case no matter what device you use.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.