Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Perfect sound but no picture with my sharp Aquos tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. Are you using the tv built in speakers or external sound bar/surround sound?

4. What is connected to the tv? cable box? bluray? other?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # *****
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

2. How long have you had the Tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was given to me today. Additional speakers are not hooked up
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

What is connected to the tv? cable box? bluray? other?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen on?

What is on the screen? error message? or?

If you press MENU on the Sharp tv remote or the button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black screen no picture no menu just sound.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know the details of who "gave" you this tv, but if the screen is black and can't bring up the menu then the tv is defective and unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can help you (a meter and some previous electronics experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,