TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm having trouble with my tv

Customer Question
I'm having trouble with my tv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

What kind of trouble you'r having with the TV?

Thanks.

Today it started blacking out . It might have picture for a little then it'll turn black with some horizontal static
Audio is still on..leds look to be on

OK, press Menu button on TV remote, does menu option graphics appear?

No

How long you get picture on TV?

Sometimes a few seconds, others times very short

OK and screen instantly displays horizontal static or lines etc?

OK- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

I'll try

OK, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

While I'm waiting how would that help the issue?
Also could the cable provider systems really affect the tv like that?

If the problem is coming from connected video source (such as cable box etc) or if TV internal software is causing it then unplug - replug will help to reboot the firmware of TV and cable box, let see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Same situation

This isn't good news. Can you try a DVD player on TV to see if problem occurs or TV displays normal picture of DVD playback?

I can't even switch the source..its black

How old is the TV and is it still under warranty?

It's 3 years old and no

OK, it seems problem of failing main board (main processor board) that need to be replaced in TV to resolve the issue. Please get the part number written on label pasted on main board after removing back cover of TV and search/ google it to get replacement main board price and stock info to order it if you wish to replace it by yourself, part number would be like BN94-05160Q or BN94-05586Y, main board is one that has all video inputs of TV.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician