TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sanyo 25 ' flatpanel approx 10 yrs old. unit works

Customer Question
perfect BUT blinks on startup...
Sanyo 25 ' flatpanel approx 10 yrs old. unit works perfect BUT blinks on startup then some time stays blank til i turn it off/on again -- always works on on/off the sound never goes off often when it blinks it just comes on and stays off this is ONLY a
startup problem -- its been doing it for over 6 months as an old TV repairman from the 60's - 80's I'd say its a capacitor.---- any case history on this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/20/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .

I`m an old repairman myself from the 70`s and I can concur as to the capacitors but most likely that you are looking at more than one but a bunch of them on the power board and frankly I`m surprised it still turns on .

Do you have the model number of this tv ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JACK, i'll get home and get the model later. but this is going to be a tough one
1- its intermitten and once its on it don't go out,
we'll probably have to look for a weak cap by --- using a ohm meter find a low or slow charger. or shotgun replace PS electrolytics, look for white leakers of electrolyte. or wait for it to go completely. i'd jump accross with another cap but like i said , once its on it on ! I was just wondering if there was and historical case history on a part.... tom

Historical i doubt it , best thing could be a capacitor kit for this particular model .

This is the plague of the 2000`s , all tv`s end up with bad caps so your tv is not any different.

Check the caps on the standby 5 volts line then the 12 and 34 volts line on the secondary on that switched mode power supply , they are usally the ones to go .

And again , send me that model number and i may be able to be more specific , right now i have no idea of what this tv looks like internally

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician