TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung 50" Plasma TV PN50C550G1F. It started

Customer Question
with a loud pop then...
I have a Samsung 50" Plasma TV PN50C550G1F. It started with a loud pop then it would turn on and turn back off within seconds, video of that (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w1qtakufek2593/IMG_2746.MOV?dl=0). I then replaced the y-main board (which did short
out, burnt mark under board), y-buffer and also the power board. That corrected the turning off and on. Now it will turn on for a brief second of light and a little tv "snow" then go to a black screen with power still on, video of that (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3qu1pdlypery69/IMG_2839.MOV?dl=0).
Any assistance from this point would be extremely helpful.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/19/2015
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Your symptoms and video indicate that the main board is not outputting a video signal correctly.

Try several different input types and let me know if they all behave the same way.

Check the cable connections inside the TV to ensure they are all correctly fitted and securely seated.

Pete, Electronic Engineer