Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

In setup menu Disc menu is in blue letters and will not

Customer Question

In setup menu Disc menu is in blue letters and will not arrow down to select disc menu
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV in question?

- Is the DVD builtin TV or a separate player hooked to TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
separate vcr and disc zv427fx4 a
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. Phone call may not help here and will cost additional $18

Are you using DVD remote to navigate/ select DVD menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to format disc
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so using remote that came with zv427fx4 recorder, is this correct?

Have you tried to unplug DVD recorder power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check if menu buttons work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the menu bottons work. when I put in a disc it runs for a long time but comes up with disc error but will not let
me select disc menu onsetup menu
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, "when I put in a disc it runs for a long time but comes up with disc error" is key info here as recorder will not open disc setup menu when it doesn't read out any disc inside, disc error is failure message that comes up when laser block of recorder stop working for some reason, either laser block lens is dirty or laser block has failed.

With normal/ working laser block the DVD recorder will read out the disc then disc menu will be available to do any settings. Please try to clean the laser lens with lens cleaning disc which would be available in stores to see if it helps and if problem persist then I'm sorry, it would be laser block failure which will be replaced but it may cost you good money if still available with local repair shops so at this point you would be better off with a new DVD recorder. Laser block failure happens after long service.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.