TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 55ht1u Toshiba. Stays in zoom. Has no full screen

Customer Question
option. All others work???...
I have a 55ht1u Toshiba. Stays in zoom. Has no full screen option. All others work???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Who is your tv channel provider?

2. Do you normally change channels with the Toshiba tv remote or the tv channel provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Dish. Dish remote

The size and shape of the picture on your screen is set in TWO places. One is the Tv the other is the Dish box. You need to experiment using a combination of BOTH of these settings until you find a size/shape you like. So look for a button on the Toshiba remote and on the Dish remote called Picture Size, Zoom, Aspect, Format, etc. Play with that button on BOTH remotes.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

I am here. If you need more help simply REPLY back here to our CHAT. Otherwise please do not leave without clicking the rating 5 STARS or SMILEYS.

I've done all configuration on both remote s. Nothing gets back full screen options.

Did you find the button on the Dish remote?

Do you see the picture on the screen change sizes when you press that button?

Did you find the button on the Toshiba remote?

to all. No full screan

If you press GUIDE on the Dish remote, is it full screen?

Exit the guide.

What channel are you on?

342 western channel
Football games. Scoreboard is buried in the side or bottom.

Either to Dish box is not set correctly or the tv is not set correctly. As I said, you have to keep trying BOTH settings until you find the setting that you like.

Press the button on the Dish remote and tell me ALL the available options and I might be able to help you decide which one you might like.

Press the button on the Toshiba remote and tell me ALL the available options and I might be able to help you decide which one you might like.

Dish set at. 16x9 & 1080pfrom day one.other 4x3#1&2. 1080p&I. 720p&480p&I. TV remote natural, theater 1,2,&3. Full which doesn't give choice to any more. 4:3hd, native. Has been on full screen until a week ago.hit live TV button it shows live TV & zoom.

"hit live TV button it shows live TV & zoom" - which remote

Dish

Then your Dish box is in ZOOM mode.

If you can't get it out of zoom mode, try unplugging the POWER cord for the dish box for 10 seconds, plug back in, try zoom mode again.

I try to go to full its darkened & not an option anymore. It's was set on full form day one. I've unplugged it 4 different times.

Call Dish network, have the box replaced.

I'll contact them.

ok

I was wrong it won't go to full with TV remote. Dish ok

but you said you pressed a button on the DISH remote and it came up saying ZOOM...

Yed

that is telling you the dish box is in ZOOM mode

True I'll call again. Tested OK.

ok

You really want the tv set to NATIVE using the Toshiba remote

see page 36 of your user manual:

CLICK HERE FOR TV USER MANUAL

Please don't leave without at least saying "thank you" for my time, and clicking the rating 5 STARS or SMILEYS.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician