TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have LG50pq30-ua plasma tv that I have had -6 years that

Customer Question
I have LG50pq30-ua plasma tv...
I have LG50pq30-ua plasma tv that I have had for 5-6 years that has beautiful picture and no problem ever. 2 weeks ago turned on tv and heard cracking sound and tv will not turn-on at all. no power,no lights , nothing. found 1 bad fuse and replaced, same thing, ordered repair kit and replaced (2) look like capasitors ( 3 prongs). still no power at all when press power sw. I am referring to the power supply board.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Was the cracking you heard loud?before the set failed

Anthony

like sqeezing a emty water bottle 1second
are u there

That is likely to be the panel arcing

The panel arcing will damage the power and other boards

the panen ,what panel

I do not think its a good option to continue with repairs on this set, the panel is not replaceable due to costs, the panel is the display screen

what panel are u talking about

There are high voltages on the panel and if it arcs or it may even have a crack it will damage scan and powerboard as a result of the arcing sorry for dismal news here

The screen

The display screen is the panel plasma panel

Fitting boards is not the answer it may even get the set back on again until the panel arcs again and damages the boards

you are feeding me bullshit in I am contacting pay pal now

lol why would I do that?

OK what do you think is causing the crack?

I deal with fla panel TV all day do you?

Take it or leave it that is your issue

because ive been investigating this for 2 weeks and everone recominds powerboaed power supply

And have been since its inception in 2005 so that is 10 years experience, I could tell you to swap power and scan boards but its not the underlying cause

The underlying cause is an intermittent arcing panel have a look around the sides to see if you can see any cracks

Not conclusive however

there are no cracks. no damage,

You are not going to take on board what I am saying so its your call with it

I don't think you have a clue, but if you get my money you will refund it to pay-pal and consider yourself on blast
scam artist
Anthony
I no longer want to deal with you or the site, you all have got me for the last time. by the way ,you will here from my people soon, and it will not takje 24 hours!!!!!
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician