TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have my JVC 42" SL42BC connected with a DirecTV receiver

Customer Question
and a Magnavox HDD/DVD player...
I have my JVC 42" SL42BC connected with a DirecTV receiver and a Magnavox HDD/DVD player. I have both connected with an HDMI cable. I get no sound on either HDMI input (1 & 3). When I switch it to TV and use the antenna, I do get sound thru the TV speakers. What can I do to get sound using the DirecTV or Magnavox?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

You mentioned specifically HDMI 1 & 3 do not have sound. The tv actually has THREE hdmi inputs. So what about HDMI 2? Did you try it? Or, are you saying none of the three HDMI inputs has sound?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Louie, Technician