Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

WE have a Vizio 470VL, We are having a problem that we

Customer Question

WE have a Vizio 470VL, We are having a problem that we originally had with this set - We are losing some of the picture both top and bottom and also horizontally.We are running the set on the "WIDE" setting.Also when I am able to adjust the vertical size (somewhat),it reverts back to the problem settings after a short time.
Hope you can help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box and dvd. Problemis on all video sources
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Any part/ board replaced in TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv is approx. 5 years old This current problem is approx. 5 weeksold.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TRying it now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am waiting for the system to reset.It has reset and the problem has been improved. We'll watch it for awhile and see what happens. WE have also noticed that the picture is not as "Crisp" as it was. Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to be away - please reply to my e-mail. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems few capacitors on power supply board are failing and causing less/ insufficient volt supply which would be affecting picture quality, please keep using TV to see if problem get worse then swap power supply board in TV as first thing to resolve the issue, please click following board supplier link to get replacement power board as different version of power board utilized in this model so make sure you're getting identical one if want to replace it by yourself in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Vizio+470VL

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.