TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 50" rca flat screen tv just 1 yr old and it was

Customer Question
working and playing fine and...
I have a 50" rca flat screen tv just 1 yr old and it was working and playing fine and in a blink of an eye the screen went black. Tried turning it off and on it did jothing. Unplugged it for 10 minutes and plugged it back in the red light came on use the remote to turn it on and still nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Hello

Hi , for reference later , could you give me the tv`s model number ?

LED50B45RQ

Thanks

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

Still had the sound when the picture went off ?

Completely black. We do not use the sound on the actual tv we have a home theater set up to it

O.k then beside the no picture situation you are saying that the tv appears to turn on/off with the remote as normal ?

I guess. The red light comes on when its unplugged and plugged back in. The remote doesnt turn it off. Because if its off the red light is on

O.k then this is a known problem with the TV's main board , namely its eeprom chip .

how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

By the way , is it over or under a year old ?

We bought it in October of last year

O.k then just over the year old and in any case these rca have to be shipped out to the closest service center and for a 50" that could be expensive and complicated.

Give me a minute and I will give you some details

Thanks. I do have them coming out but not until Thursday and I am a stay at home mom

The main board for this tv is not very expensive at $70 so you will know what it cost in case they try to markup the price a bit too high .

There are several versions of it and you can see them at the link below , click on it and you are looking at the main boards ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LED50B45RQ

To have this replaced at home should not cost you above 150 to $175 + parts , so at the most $250 altogether .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

thank u

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Still need help with this ?

No thank u. I have a technician coming c to look at it. Thank u

O.k then in that case please do rate my answer so i get paid for my time with you and good luck with the repair

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician