Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our Panasonic 32 in tv will not turn on. Model TC32LX 70.

Customer Question

Our Panasonic 32 in tv will not turn on. Model TC32LX 70. Serial number LY73090726. Other numbers on it are 120 12TV 60HZ 23 A. TC32LX70N..you can email me at***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue, please reply this message to proceed further.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no idea what is wrong with the tv. If you need my visa again number is ************************
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I do not need your visa number info.

Does power light on TV lit or blink when press power button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now blinks but will not turn on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, how many times the light blinks, pauses for 3 seconds and repeats the blink pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you please count the blinks and post that info here?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I mean count the blinks between pause to pause, it could be 1 to 9 blinks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WI counted 20 and it was still blinking
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Let me explain it with an example, light blinks 5 times fast then pause for 3 seconds and again blinks for 5 times, again pause for 3 seconds and this keeps on..

Can you recheck the blinks of light one more time as this is an error code that will help to diagnose the problem in TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

If light blinks one time then pauses for 3 seconds and blinks again one time then error code would be 1 blink.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blinks at the same speed all the time
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so the error code is 1 blink.

This error code indicates backlight inverter board failure and replacement of inverter board will help to resolve the problem in TV. Please click following board supplier link to view backlight inverter board image and price info, find the board matching with installed in your TV to order it if you wish to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TC-32LX70

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.