How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nathan Your Own Question
Nathan, Installer
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 24525
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Nathan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am changing my Sony Bravia 40BX420 tv from a wall mount to

Customer Question

I am changing my Sony Bravia 40BX420 tv from a wall mount to a table-top. I'm missing one of the parts for the stand and would like to acquire it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What specific part are you needing? Just a screw/bolt, or the actual plastic horizontal or vertical portion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the base and the metal vertical piece. I'm missing the plastic cover that slides over the metal piece.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, this part is not available for purchase individually. Sony only

Typically, case parts such as this are not stocked in any quantity, even for current production models. Your tv is a 2011 model so all components are now discontinued.

The stand is available as a single unit, but not as individual components. Buying a new stand will cost you $225, which is obviously not going to be practical when you could buy a brand new tv for little more. I can certainly help with getting that part if you wish though.

If you want the plastic cover piece, you can watch for one on ebay, craigslist, etc, or check with local tv repair shops who may parting out a defective tv.

Other than that, your best option will be a generic/universal base, or to wall mount the tv. Here is an example: or

Either of these options will work just as well at a fraction of the cost.

Best regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the part number for that piece of the stand?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There is not an individual part number published for that component, because it was only sold as part of a complete stand assembly.

The stand itself is X25466401

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,



I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.