TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When my vizio tv 49"(according to manual model

Customer Question
m492-b2,m552i-B2 or m652-B2) is on...
When my vizio tv 49"(according to manual model m492-b2,m552i-B2 or m652-B2) is on netflix the bar on bottom that tells how far you are into your show appears then freezes and then no remotes work ...although the show will play to the end...I need to unplug the tv to shut it off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/11/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having issues. The cause of this is a lockup in the TV's Mainboard. This is the board that processes all of the media in the set and in some cases it requires replacement of this component. Offhand, we sometimes see this being corrected (at least temporarily), by resetting the TV to factory defaults and setting up the TV and Internet APPS as if the set were new out of the box. First- have you tried this yet? Secondly, how old is the set?

I have not tried factory defaults. the tv was ordered in feb this year

To restore the TV to its factory default settings: 1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu is displayed. 2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed. 3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed. 4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK. 5. If you have changed the default parental control PIN, enter it now. The TV displays, “Select Reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults and clear all account information.” 6. Highlight Reset and press OK. 7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.

If this does not work, and the TV is LESS than one year form date of purchase, then contact Vizio for warranty repairs:

VIZIO:

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: *****@******.*** or via phone at(###) ###-####from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Pre-authorization must be obtained before sending any product to a vizio service Center. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period.

If OVER one year and you want to repair the set yourself (the board is "plug and play") then you would purchase the Mainboard (below) and swap that component. The rear of the TV will need to be removed to swap this part:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-75-50070-100-main-board-for-m492i-b2.htm

Alternatively a shop will charge around $250 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

What's posted above is all that can be done on a user level, and beyond that the Mainboard does need to be replaced, and this would be covered under warranty since the TV is less than a year old.

Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

the tv is less than a year old..I will try the reset

I did see that after I posted my reply. Beyond that the Mainboard does need to be replaced, and this would be covered under warranty.

Do you need further assistance with this?

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician