Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an LG LED TV Model 32LF500B How do I listen to the

Customer Question

I have an LG LED TV Model 32LF500B How do I listen to the audio with a headset with the option of also listening with he TV speakers. The TV is in the bedroom and sometimes my wife wants to sleep and I want to sometimes watch the show using my head set. There is a Headset out put but when plugged in the audio shuts down to the speakers. The TV is mounted on the wall so I need a solution that requires fixed wiring!
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box / satellite receiver used with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is connected to a cable box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus your system says it recognizes my email but it was for car repair. I don't remember my password ***** I asked for a temp one but u did not sent me an email response. Why?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

...and sorry but my participation is strictly limited to technical issues. For your password ***** please contact Customer Support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a Optimum.net Cable box connected using a HDMI cable. I am not at home now so if you really need the model number you will have to wait.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

There are 2 possible approaches to your posted concern:

• • electronically modify the internal circuit of the LG 32LF500B to bypass the headphone jack's speaker cutoff;
  • • attempt to use the cable box's analog AUDIO OUT jacks to power an add-on device that then would power the headphones.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and the additional information when able.