TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have V032L and all of a sudden I can't change to TV mode.

Customer Question
It'll go to AV1, but...
I have V032L and all of a sudden I can't change to TV mode. It'll go to AV1, but when I press TV, it says "4 AUD 14 cable" in the upper right hand corner. It worked fine the last time I used it. I can't seem to find this in my manual. Thank you. Cyndy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/9/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, is the TV hooked to antenna to get local channels?

No. I have DISH satellite. The receiver works for 2 TV's in different rooms and is working fine on the other one.

OK, have you tried to reboot cable box connected to this TV (as requested in previous reply)?

I have unplugged both the TV and the satellite receiver with no change. When I press the "TV" button on the remote I still get what I showed you in the photo I sent. I can't even find anywhere what the "Aud 14" means. It will not go to TV mode whether I use the remote or the controls on the TV.

OK, does AUD 14 display disappear if turn Off satellite box only?

No.

This is odd, have you tried to reset TV to default settings?

but I'll try again.

OK, take your time.

I reset again and I still have the AUD14. Cannot get it to go to TV mode.

Thanks for the info, first of all your TV model number would be VO32LHDTV10A, please confirm.

If this is correct number then it seems TV firmware issue which got corrupted due to failing EEPROM chip that stores firmware data that is why 4 AUD14 appears that doesn't make sense nor it is a valid video input name in this TV but corrupted firmware can generate such display.

Either replacement of EEPROM chip (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire main board will help to resolve the issue, both parts are available at following board supplier for $15 and $34 if you wish to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/vo32lhdtv10a

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

I just got it fixed! I found an option in the set up portion entitled "Partial Channel Search". After performing that, it works just fine!
Also, I found where AUD 14 is and that's under the "Skip Channel" option. For some reason the box was not checked although adding the check mark did not make a difference. It was the Partial Channel Search that fixed the problem.

Nice, its new info to me and thanks for sharing it.

Have nice time!

You are welcome. I basically stumbled onto the fix.

Correct, me neither have came across such situation, good to know that problem is resolved but I'm still thinking why reset didn't work to restore default settings in TV.

Thanks.

I wondered the same thing.

Reset option in setup menu should restore all settings to default value including this partial channel search setting but it didn't work.

Enjoy your TV shows!~

Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician