TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

After the lights went off a week ago my tv will not come on.

Customer Question
Hello after the lights went...
Hello after the lights went off a week ago my tv will not come on. when turning on it lights up and then goes off. What do I need to do to fix it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/9/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Is the tv screen lighting up or just the LED on the front panel?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

I got the TV from a friend. Not sure how long they had it. I've had it for 3 months. Only the LED lights up

The led coming on then going off, means the tv has gone into "shutdown" due to hardware failure that will require diagnosis, parts, and service. Besides unplugging the tv power cord, there is no other easy fix you can do. If repairing the tv yourself is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can help you (a meter and some previous electronics experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician