TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung DLP model HLS6167WX/XAA. I recently

Customer Question
replaced the color wheel but...
I have a Samsung DLP model HLS6167WX/XAA. I recently replaced the color wheel but it is making a loud clunk as it clunks the screen flickers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/7/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Did you replace the color wheel with the same part-number found on the original color wheel?there is 2 versions of the wheel that are not interchangeable

Anthony

got it direct from Samsung.

Both the same partnumber?only found on the wheel itself you sure?

I am positive
Could it be the bulb fan?

You have made a mistake with the installation or the new color wheel is bad did you replace teh complete assembly which includes the motor?not just the glass wheel?

Not lamp fan

it was the complete assembly. The color on the TV are great. The only problem is the low loud clunking noise that is in sync with the brightness of the tv dimming and darkening.
Sounds like it is coming from the lamp housing assembly.

So its not the color that is affected but the brightness?

When did you replace the color wheel?

the color wheel is working fine. The tv makes a loud clunk, then the screen starts to flicker between normal and dark. It only makes a clunking noise when switching from a show to commercial or when changing channels
I replaced the color wheel about 2 months ago but have not been using the tv cause of the clunking
The color wheel was bad as I could hear the high pitched humming, that has gone away. But the clunking has been the same even after I have changed the color wheel.

OK if it was the color wheel the color will be affected not the brightness the thing is you are going to need to monitor it with the back off, and monitor where the sound comes from it could now on reflection be the lamp fan or another fan or maybe the lamp itself as the only thing that will affect the brightness is the lamp, so you should consider replacing that if the lamp has been in for more than 3 years.

www.dlplampsource.com will locate a OEM genuine lamp

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Regards

Anthony

Thank you.

Your Welcome

Please remember you can come back here anytime

Please before you go remember to rate the answer positively thank you

Anthony

There will be a rating band with this post of stars thank you

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician