TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Lamp was arced out pulled back off ( lower ) set was filthy

Customer Question
inside ( golden retriever )...
Lamp was arced out pulled back off ( lower ) set was filthy inside ( golden retriever ) can I blow / brush set out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/7/2015
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. You can brush (camel hair) and vacuum. Don't use pressure / blow air unless you're going to remove components and blow them out elsewhere. Otherwise, the dust will settle on the optics. I like to vacuum first, then camel hair brush, then I use a camera lens cleaner (any optical grade cleaner will work) on the optics.

Are you still having trouble with the TV? Did you get the lamp replaced OK?