Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just bought a Sharp Aquos 50 inch TV today, and am trying

Customer Question

I just bought a Sharp Aquos 50 inch TV today, and am trying to connect to my laptop for movies. However, the desktop appears larger than the screen, and the picture quality is poor. Is there a setting on the television or computer to improve screen resolution on the TV display? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

It needs to adjust/ increase picture resolution in laptop for 2nd/ external monitor. Right click on desktop to get popup window and select Screen Resolution (for Windows 7) and select screen 2 in that window to adjust/ increase video resolution. TV has no option to adjust/ improve picture quality and all it depends on connected video source (in this case, laptop) to send video signal to TV. If you're using Windows 8 or 10 then please find similar option to adjust screen resolution output for 2nd monitor.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.