Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung un55f6300af, have had had no problems with the TV

Customer Question

Samsung un55f6300af , have had had no problems with the TV ,wife was watching and heard a loud popping sound everything shut off, and will not do anything
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Are there currently ANY signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you have the same problem, that pop sound was a component shorting on the power supply/LED board of the TV and this component needs to be replaced. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, the power supply is a plug and play board that can be replaced by removing all of the screws on the back of the TV. In this case you can purchase the board at the link below:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/samsung-un50f6350af-power-supply-board-l55s1_dhs-bn44-00612b/?gclid=CjwKEAiAmeyxBRCJxoKk7IWLl2oSJABvZjhhOcOPLHqqZpQhPdN4xAJUkcbW4RmQ1nBz1KgQB-XvehoCy4Hw_wcB

Alternatively if you're not comfortable with this a shop will charge close to $250 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than what's described above, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did it 3 times nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no lites
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This means the power supply is dead as indicated above- please review the answer just above your last response.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.