TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

DTR-5.3 I moved the unit--it operated a short very short

Customer Question
DTR-5.3 I moved...
DTR-5.3 I moved the unit--it operated a short very short time afterward and clicked off. The speaker connector assemble was loose (misssing two screws) and probably shorted speaker wires against housing of unit. I took cover off--no damage to circuit board or connectors. Reassembled--connectors mount up properly no--no sound from any speakers.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/5/2015
TV Technician: jjtv4, Technician replied 2 years ago
jjtv4
jjtv4, Technician

Hi my name is***** will look up the schematic but most of these have board mounted fuses which means solder level repairs.

Do you have any lights or clicks at all or just no sound ?

FIX 1 - If there is no lights at all - There is a main power fuse on the supply board (holder is marked F90-1) it is a 5 amp fast blow fuse - it will be near where the power cord comes in. Make sure it's unplugged from the wall and you don't use any metal tools in there. FIX 2 - If there is some response, there is a processor reset sequence in the attached file on page 3 'TO INITIALIZE'

I will be waiting for your response, John

I will be shutting down for the evening and will respond 1st thing AM CST - Thank you John

Back online and awaiting your response, John

Pushing the DVD button and the the speaker A button has no effect. I have done it with the unit on and off and in varying sequences. The DVD readout comes on when it is pushed first--the speaker A button has no effect afterward.

The DVD button has to be held the whole time then A, then wait (with both held) till it says 'clear' about 5 seconds while unit on. Also have you unplugged for 10 seconds and them back in? Also is speakers are in parallel (not connected right) the load will blow it again.

I unplugged it for over 10 seconds. Verified the speakers are not attached----nothing is plugged into the unit, same result. Unit on, DVD button pushed and held, speaker A button held for 10 seconds. No change in readout---says DVD.......

It looks like it beyond a user fix, that is the only user level fix they offer. You can use a service center found here - http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/servicecenterLocator.php?source=indexWell

I did find some DTR-5.x models on eBay for under $70 if that helps.

Please don't negative review, I would of built it more user durable/friendly if I was Integra :) - Good luck, John

TV Technician: Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman replied 2 years ago
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I know it may sound dumb, but have you double checked the ground connection already?

Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman