TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Vizio TV just stopped playing during a regular broadcast.

Customer Question
It is as if the...
My Vizio TV just stopped playing during a regular broadcast. It is as if the on/off button was turned off. I cannot turn it back on. There is power to the TV. The control modem from the cable company is connected to the same electric outlet and the power light is on. However, the on/off button will not turn on the TV at the set or on the remote control.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/3/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

I did unplug them , but not for ten minutes, more closely to ten seconds. I will unplug for ten minutes and get back to you then.
Thanks.

Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Unplugged cables and electric wire for twelve minutes, reconnected all, no picture or sound. Same as before.

Sorry to hear that, does power indicator light on TV lit or flash when press power button to turn On the TV?

No, nothing is lit on TV. Power light is on at the cable modem box which is on the same electric plug.

OK, it seems power supply board failure in TV that is why nothing appears on TV (no light, sound or picture) and it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to check output volts of power supply board, if standby volts (5V Dc) isn't available then replace power supply board. If standby volts are available then it would be main board failure that will be replaced to resolve the problem. Please check with following board supplier to get identical replacement board for this TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%09VT420M

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Thank you. There are several different power supply boards for this TV. On the back of this TV is only one sticker with the various information listed. This model is VT420M. The numbers on this TV do not match any numbers listed for ths power supply boards.

Please remove back cover of TV to access inside then check the part number written on power supply board inside TV to get identical board.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician