TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have 40 inch Samsung Smart TV that is four years old. It

Customer Question
I have 40 inch Samsung...
I have 40 inch Samsung Smart TV that is four years old. It is a great TV, but recently the picture has a horizontal line across the top about 1/4" high. With an old CRT TV I would adjust the vertical hold, but with an LCD/LED screen, I don't know what can be done to fix it. Do you know how to fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
11/3/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Can you provide picture of TV screen so I can view those horizontal lines which will help to diagnose the issue.

Thanks.

The space at the top of the screen is there all the time. There are faint horizontal lines in the space and it is like it is trying to be part of whatever is on screen, but it can't quite get there. No picture available. Other devices: Comcast Xfinity X1, Sony 7.1 power amp, DVD, Xfinity DVR.
No more to add at this point, your turn
I have to go now, please send an email and we can continue tomorrow. Thank you

Thanks for the info, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

That didn't work, the space across the top of the screen is now 1/2" high.

Sorry to hear that, it seems LCD panel related issue and I really need to view a picture of TV screen to determine it.

Louie, Technician