Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We had the lamp replaced about 3 months ago. On our

Customer Question

Hi we had the lamp replaced about 3 months ago. On our mitsubishi WD-65735 65 inch. Them it got the white dots. So we replaced the dlp chip. Now, no picture nothing. It's just gray . And now the red light is on on the lamp. I'm so frustrated! !! Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you get BOTH parts from Mitsubishi, or other suppliers ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other suppliers
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Well, I've had problems with lamps and DLPs from other suppliers. Mitsubishi won't cover your lamp, but you may be able to get that DLP free if you pay the labor to install it. I think your model has that DLP listed as a defective batch from TI.

I'd get the lamp, reinstall that original DLP, see if you get those Dots back, then call Mitsubishi about the DLP coverage.

It's usually impossible to damage the black cable that supplies picture to your DLP, and it's unlikely you forgot the direction that thin ribbon cable mounts (upwards) in the DLP's board - You got a GRAY screen which means you lost picture, but the lamp lights ok before the lamp died.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The lamp was fine when e put in the dlp chip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dies it mean I need another lamp?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

You can usually see the lamp light up and stay on if you watch it from the back of the TV set. I usually watch it for 2 minutes after the TV turns on. If its bad it won't stay lit for that time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

For that lamp to even light, your TV's color wheel has to spin up to full speed. So if you see the lamp at least ARC, you know the color wheel is at full speed.