Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Philips 40pfl3507d/f7 No picture. Backlight works, no menu,

Customer Question

Philips 40pfl3507d/f7
No picture. Backlight works, no menu, have sound via composit(Rca jacks)
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

40pfl3507d/f7 seems incomplete/ incorrect.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again model number is *****Mfg November 2010Problem 5 days
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you recheck as model could be 40PFL3505D/F7 ?

No info available for 40PFL3507D/F7 number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize40pfl3705d/f7
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the model number confirmation.

Since you have sound from TV speakers and backlight works/ lit then means main board of TV is working and problem would be in t-con board located on top or bottom center of rear of display panel under shield. Please check the VLDS cable runs between t-con board and main board of TV to make sure it plugged securely and tight, if it is OK then replace the t-con board which will help to resolve the issue, please click following board supplier link to get identical replacement t-con board as different version board will not work.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=40PFL3505D%2FF7

and if t-con board swapping doesn't fix the issue then I'm sorry it would be LCD panel internal failure and entire screen will need to be replaced to fix the problem but it would cost approx new price of TV of replacement panel still available with Philips Parts in area. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need specifics. I do not want to toss any parts at this problem. I need tests so the problem can be confirmed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Checking the LVDS cable is first thing, if found good then check 12V DC at fuse F100 on t-con board as marked in below image link of sample t-con board, if 12V are available then replace the t-con board, without doing any troubleshooting work/ board replacement you can't move forward to fix the problem.

I hope these info will help.

Thanks.