Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung 37" led. Mdl#UN37C5000QF mrf 6/2010 won't

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 37" led. Mdl#UN37C5000QF mrf 6/2010 won't power up only red led light cycles. no clicking sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I just need to ask for more info thank you, ***** ***** try to switch the set on manually at the set itself is there any response ?thanks for covering other bases

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the blinks six times then nothing for about 10 seconds then cycle repeats itself.

OK these sets do not have a blink code hopefully you should have disconnected from wall-power wited 5 mins then re-plugged back in I guess you have done that so that leaves a bad main-board, a visual check of the power-board is also carried out, can you do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for that let me know please, its not as hard as you think the boards are plug in

If you are not comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

Let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What board is what?

Are you considering doing the work?if so you need to get the back off the set and initially let me know the condition of the capacitors on the power-board you trace the power-cord to the power-board the capacitors look like this graphic <<click

You are looking for any of them ballooning/raised domed tops/leaking

This is the first check in an on going procedure that may mean replacing the main-board that is the one with all the AV inputs on

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have the back off there are no bad caps

Locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play).

The main-board has a hardware/firmware failure the only option is to replace it.

Let me know if you need more info

Please remember to leave positive rating before you go thank you, ***** ***** this question remains open after rating thank you

Many Thanks

Anthony