Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I Have A tachi (Ultrathin LED,LCD HDTV) 46 inch.With A

Customer Question

I Have A Hitachi (Ultrathin LED,LCD HDTV) 46 inch.With A Problem. I Have VIDEO, But No VEDIO.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry I do not understand do you mean the display is "lit" but no picture?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE SOUND(VOICE), NO PICTURE.

OK its just you said no video/no video OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, THE SCREEN IS BLACK.

Thank You

Examine the display closely because there are two things this can be no backlight OR backlight lit no video so please have a look can you see any visible light even a feint glimmer of light on the display?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO TEE SCREEN IS TOTALY BLACK ALL OVER.

OK that is the back-light out, the back-light is controlled by the main-board however in most cases its a problem with the power-board this would need to be checked using a meter are you able to do this?ultimately it may mean replacement of the board, I will provide all the necessary info for this i just need to know what level of practical ability you may/may not have and if you can use a meter

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony