littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

We moved into a house with a tv installed into a built in

Customer Question

We moved into a house with a tv installed into a built in cabinet- now the hdmi cable has stopped working and we can't see how we can get into the back of the tv to replace the cable.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry about delayed reply, your question just popped on my screen.

I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

- Have you tried to unplug/ switch off TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
picture is fine but sound has been gone for a while so we are going to replace the hdmi cable but the tv is placed in a cabinet. I guess this is not a tv question as such but a question about the mount and how to access the back of the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried what I suggested in my previous reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every day we turn on and off the tv - we cannot unplug it as we cannot reach the back but many times the power has been turned off at the home mains for hours. So the tv has been off and on. We don't have cable, just a roku. The tv is attached with roku by a hdmi cable. Previously got both sound and picture but now only picture is available. All setup options on tv have been tried using remote. Currently we just plug some small speakers into the roku and listen to the sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, the problem is not just the tv sound issue but we would like to access the back of the tv to add other cables and such so my question is about ideas to do that.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems you need local TV tech to come out for safely dismount the TV. Let me opt out to open the question for others to assist you as I'm going offline now.

Thanks.

Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. If it's just the sound that is out, you can run a cable from your cable box to your AV receiver to get sound, if you have a surround sound receiver. If not, please take a picture and I'll try to give you some instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have cable - just a roku and we were doing just what you said - had some little external speakers. However, if we want to use a blueray player, and that doesn't take the speakers we have for the roku. At this point we just want to get to the back of the tv - can you suggest any way to do it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the direct link in every email you send me does not work to answer to your question. I have to go to the website and try to get to my thread from the main website.

I'm sorry for the site bug, there's nothing I can do about that. As far as getting to the back of the TV, I cannot see what the cabinet looks like. You will have to send pictures.

If you want Roku and a Blu-ray player, I suggest an audio switch. This has one output for your speakers, and it will accept audio from Roku and Blu-ray, click here.