Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

I have a very similar problem I can't open any of the links

Customer Question

Steve I have a very similar problem I can't open any of the links on the page for some reason. I have gone all the way to one of the las checks but I'm not sure what the VG ground screws are and can't find an SM board. I will note that my as board looks to have heated up and has dark coloring in multiple areas. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. I can not see the page you read, can you either send me the web address to what you read or tell me what you have tried please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/7dafw-replaced-board-panasonic-tc-p50s2-10-blink-continues.htmlThis is the link. As stated in this link it looks like sc board is bad. According to the light blinks but the as board is the only one that visually looks to have any damage it has dark brown all over it like it heated and some paste or adhesive melted. Is there a way to test each board individually?
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

If it has anything melted and is discolored it is definitely bad and needs to be replaced even if something else is wrong. This explains how to test most components: Click Here

That link you sent is for a 10 blink error but you were on the right track. 7 blinks on Panasonic Plasma TV's is an SC error code.

From everything you have told me the SC board needs to be replaced and most likely causing the blinks as well.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the image is the as board. This is the one that shows some brown on certain joints. Does this mean this is melted? And is there no way to test each board. Because I'm not sure about the ss board but the sc is not available and only repair kits are available which I am not sure I want to take on. I would like to confirm each board is bad before purchasing parts to repair. Also, why would the blink check not tell me the SS board was bad?
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

The blink code says the SC board is bad if you have multiple bad it can only show you one. The board in the picture you sent me look ok, if it was burnt out it would look something like this: Click Here and can be either brown or black. As for testing each board individually you would need to test the caps and all other components like diodes on them with a multimeter. Each cap will say on it what it is supposed to read. The SC board is a common problem with Panasonic Plasmas though. The repair kit is actually normally that replacement capacitors or resistors, transistors and diodes. You would desolder the old ones and solder the new ones on. If the board is no longer being produced a repair kit would be the only option. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.